1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Driver/Card

Discussion in 'Answered' started by Jim, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim

Jim Very Active Member SAFPD Member

Is there any way that I can increase my graphics card/driver without buying it for real
    Here is my current upload_2017-12-27_13-14-15.png
    Can I like change this Graphics to NVIDIA or some other popular graphics card/driver companies?
    And I tried to download,it completed and when I installed it says that PhysX--Not Installed
    Graphics Driver--Installation failed

If there is any method please post down below

Thanks

Note:My total available graphics memory:286 Mb,can I increase this?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  2. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Level 10 Admin Staff Member Owner Commissioner

Let's discuss whether you have an actual dedicated graphics card installed in your PC or not. If you do, download the drivers that are suitable for the model you have.
    If not, you have no option besides buying one. From the newest series, the GT 1030 costs about 80$ here. In case that's out of your budget, you can look for older generations' entry-level gpus, like the gt 710 or R5 230 from the AMD side, which costs about $30-40 here. Used ones are also available, but make sure you choose a seller wisely.
    The problem is if you only have an integrated graphics card, especially such a cheap one given your CPU is that they are only suitable to provide graphics output for basic tasks like desktop, web browsers etc. They are not suitable for gaming. Miraculous drivers don't exist that somehow transform your integrated gpu into a beast that is capable of running demanding games. The software can only do so much, effectively using the resources that are available. In such case, you can forget gaming (except for more than decade old games like GTA SA or games that are not about graphics).

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jim

I bought Nvidia graphics card Geseries GTX 295 it was not that much expensive but still having troubles,in the middle of the installation it fails and says 'PhysX-Not installed','Graphics-Failed'.

4. denNorske

denNorske Level 10 Admin Staff Member Owner Developer Commissioner

5. Jim

Thanks den but I now know the problem i contacted some mechanics and it turns out that I need more Total Available Graphics Memory the installation was correct,so now you can go ahead and lock the topic
    Thank you Head and Den for your reply I really appreciate it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.