1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Announcement: eXreme StuntinG is closing 15. May 2018

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by denNorske, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. denNorske

denNorske Level 10 Admin Staff Member Owner Developer Commissioner

upload_2018-1-16_12-22-53.png
    eXtreme StuntinG Closing announcement

15th of may 2011 --> 15th of may 2018

Why?
    Time to realise, that eS has had the best days so far. eS v5 was the last major update for this community, and ever since the late 2016-start of 2017, we have lost a huge playerbase and some very experienced and good admins. People have lost motivation, people have grown up - and we are unable to keep up with the challenges and competition on SA-MP anymore. Me, denNorske no longer have the sufficient time to control a server like this, and the economical situation is not the best anymore. Trying to get everything up, will require so much work from so many people, and we don't see any possibility or will to do this.

A brief lookback
    In 2011, Jay and ColaZero started eXtreme StuntinG up as two friends. With no intentions of getting big, they had a full server within a few hours. There was not too many stunting servers, and there was many players playing SA-MP. This was also when I joined, and made my first trial moderator application. Just a few weeks after, the capacity was increased from 50 to 75 slots, and this remained so until 2012.
    During fall 2011, the community froze a bit and the server was offline. The reason why, I don't know.
    In January 2012 the server was back again, and ever since then, the server has been online without any big halts.
    As time flies by. V2, V3 and V4 were developed - many new maps and features were added, and 2012-2014 gave us 100/100 players quite frequently. We were the biggest stunt server on 0.3c, and for a little while also at 0.3e.
    A combination of lack of important updates and bugfixes, the community started to collapse. We had no hosted tab for a long time, and ever since we have had issues reaching back up to the top. Competition became challenging.
    2015 changes things, when I had the chance to become the new scripter of the server. Updates started rolling out and V5 became a reality during the spring 2017. The playerbase continued to drop, and now we are on the worst period that eS ever has experienced.

Endnote
    We could keep the community online forever, but at some point it's better shutting it properly down instead of it being forgotten and drown in sadness. Let us look back at good memories, and not forget what this community has given everyone since 2011.

On behalf of ColaZero, Jay, Skeenky, Samariah and Jon, we thank you all for being such an amazing community the past few years. We have learnt a lot and experienced many awesome moments together- and we hope to spend the last few months well. I also want on behalf of the staff, say the same.

Thank you for understanding our decision,

Sincerely
    Simen Eriksen

• Friendly Friendly x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ben10

Ben10 VIP VIP SAFPD Member

:emoji_sob::emoji_sob::emoji_sob::emoji_sob::emoji_sob:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Truxy

Truxy Silver VIP Silver VIP

Will reply with a huge text when im back home.

Vote above with ‘Friendly’ or you suck :c

Best community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LucastexasTV

LucastexasTV Joined June 1st, 2012. Staff Member Lead Admin Gold VIP SAFPD Member

Since apparently a brief look back is a thing, I'll do one about myself, but not so brief xd.

June, 2012. That was my very first month at the server. Just like a kid having his first month at a new school, I wouldn't socialize much, but I would always enjoy taking a car and riding around the stunting areas (Favorite one back then was the /lsa). Not too long after, I saw myself contacting one of the in-game admins, Skeenky, as I was looking for help. We started speaking in english at first, but Skeenky had such a sweet way of talking to players, that I just couldn't help myself and kept on chatting with him. Later on, I discovered he also lived in Brazil, and we've kept a friendship that lasts to this day.

To be completely honest, I never thought I'd enjoy myself so much at a server like this. Because of Skeenky, he introduced me to several other people, in which most were admins, and my connections inside the server increased a whole lot. There are still names inside my head that I can remember from past admins I had met and will not forget, such as Davoz, Skyrocker, Leet, Tyler (The one that became a father back in 2013 or so) and others. Well, eS wasn't solely special for providing me with hours and hours of entertainment, but also brought wonderful people in my life, people who I still intend to keep contact if possible.

Another memory I remember is the very first time I became an admin at this server. I'm not entirely sure, but I do believe I was and still am the youngest person to have ever become an admin here (Still don't have any confirmation, but I strongly believe so xd). Back in the day, there used to be admin applications, and just like you would do to become a VIP, you also had to fill up several fields with information, answer questions and etc. Again, because of my connection with Skeenky, it didn't take too long before I was accepted, and so I began my trial period. Even though I was very young, I was sometimes responsible, sometimes utterly irresponsible and immature. If I were to count the amount of times I was lectured because I abused admin commands on players, I'd be out of fingers. However, in contrast to that, being an admin at this server didn't just teach me how to use my commands for good and administer the server, but it taught me various valuable lessons that I carry still today, regarding maturity, responsibility and other qualities that are extremely important to have in nowaday's world.

NEVER had I ever thought a server like this could not only bring me fun, but soooo many things I'll carry for life, and I just can't thank this server enough for existing. eS was legitimately the BEST server I have ever played in, and all my countless hours spent on this server are worth every second. Sadly, we came to a point where we just lost too many good people here, players and admins, and we were left with very few, and obviously no one wanted it to come to this point. eS may close, but, for many and many players like myself, it will never be forgotten. All the memories I've made in this server will remain locked with a special key in my heart, and I'll always remember the legacy of eS when it finally shuts down. Fortunately, we still have a couple months ahead of us, so let us enjoy this wonderful server and fantastic community while we can, because you can be absolutely sure you'll always be very welcome.

Lastly, I just want to thank eS, all of its founders, owners, admins and players for taking part in this huuuge journey of 7 years in eS. Also, a very special thanks to those who joined this journey so early, and somehow made it til today (such as myself, despite the long inactivities I had because of my childish attitude, but I came back :p). If it weren't for you guys, having fun on this server alone would be meaningless and at a certain point boring, and everyone that plays here has their own way of seeking entertainment, and that's what always made eS interesting. Thank you all for all of the amazing memories, conversations and fun we've had in-game, because that will be remembered for sure. Hopefully we can still build a few more memories within the next few months, but I am certainly packed with great ones I can remember for a long time.

Thank you, eS. You're the best. :emoji_heart::emoji_heart::emoji_heart::emoji_heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 11
  5. Omarado

Omarado New Member Gold VIP

I got shocked on reading this topic even tho I have been inactive for long due to my school as i am finishing my most important 3 years before my university so there was no time for me to play and I was actually planning to be active on playing STarting June or July 2018 cuz then I would have finished school and went to university so I would have much free time also I liked eS5 and all the new features it is really fun.

On seeing this I couldn't believe it , and believe me or not I reloaded the forums nearly 5 times to make sure the post was real.

I started Playing SAMP back in June 2013 and eS was one of my first server on the first day on SAMP which i liked and decided to keep playing on , I didn't reguraly play on any other server othan eS because it was the most fun server with actual active staff that always cared about the server and always made sure to ban rule breakers and provide the best experience for the players.

I had some clashes with the staff tho , I got banned for nearly 6 months cuz of dublicate accounts problems with my brother and sister however it was really nice I was brought back by denNorske , Without him I wouldn't have been here today part of the community.

Later when VIP was brought back to the server , I donated for the Gold VIP membership because I wanted to help the server grow , however I got banned again for nearly 1 month cuz of command spam but it turned out later that the server lag caused it to appear as a command spam to an admin who banned me (Can't remember name) but thanks to denNorske again , he proved it was lag and I got unbanned again then that's when I went active for a while before high school started and i went dead for more than 2 years.

I enjoyed being part of the server , I enjoyed the cop chases a lot , I enjoyed the events that were made by admins , It was really fun times and I really hope they are back again.

I would like to say thanks to everyone who were friends with me during all those years , thanks to everyone who made me smile while playing on here , It was very great to find such an amazing server.

I still have hope that a miracle will happen and the server will be back live with +100 players again before it's May so maybe admins can then decide to continue the server?

Much Love everyone <3

• Friendly Friendly x 8
  6. ADoKaN

ADoKaN Level 5 Admin Staff Member Administrator Mapper VIP SAFPD Member

eS; parents,brother,sisters and friends.

Firstly when I joined eS in late 2015 I was already knowing that there are some of my friends who will surely make it enjoyable all the times, so It was a happy feeling to stay in eS and meet new members and why not to know more about it?
    I started forming myself to be a better guy and useful in the society in my entire life and I am really thankful for my parents (You'll know who are they after going deep in this reply) who really helped me all the times to always think positively and wisely, It's true that maybe I was a bad/annoying guy sometime before but one most important thing is that I have tried my best to be advantageous for eS's benefits. I learned some new ways of helping like mapping and staffing the servers with those unique and irreplaceable teachers who were always nice to all the community members.

The thing that I am proud of is that I was never banned here and that writes a big and -bolded- thing in my mind which won't be forgotten, ever. My knowledge to my recent friends who I met before joining eS really helped and welcomed me here and thus; I really felt happy so I knew that eS is a family which cannot be separated even if anything bad happens.

My career of helping started appearing when I was building my personal qualities, especially the maturity side by passage of -age- in all times till this right moment, I found serveral ways to help because it was already my intention since the beginning. And I cannot express how am I happy that a game, I MEAN how this online family formed me with my society even in my real life. proud to be a member from eS till the death.

Starting now most of the best personal memories here with eS is when I became a Gold VIP by a donation that was given by Baracuda AKA Hoonigan and I cannot forget that person forever and how nice was He present for the community. after a period I became a trial moderator after being invited by Skeenky. I had the experience of staffing before so I faced no problem in joining the admin team and in doing the duties in different ways. I was also learning mapping to improve the developing category for eS's benefits, again.

Another thing, the gameplay series which were plenty of laughing,joy,enjoying and many other stuff, We had some great moments playing together especially in 0.3e, and eS faced the bad effects in V5 mainly because of moving to 0.3.7 (My personal opinion)

Somewhere else, some people forced me to pick up one family to stay with. My arguments were not different at all and I only focused that eS cannot be separated even if anything happens and that's why I declared that I cannot leave my parents who fomred me from the beginning and I guess that they are proud of what did they form.

I am sure that some of us will cry hard tears sometimes and those are the only ones who were really caring for eS in their lives but yeah honestly whole SA-MP player-base is decreasing by passage of time because of the newest games that are being released in each generation, maybe.

That's why I love my parents who formed me to live a happy life all times, I still have a hope that eS won't be forgotten even by passage of a huge period of time but a family? Hhhhh I repeat, it won't be separated. I love you eS, you were my parents who made me live a happy life till the death! <3 <3 <3

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  7. Joker

Joker New Member

I originally started playing SAMP back in 2011, but nothing serious until 2014.

On the 24th of January, If I am not mistaken, I was scrolling through the server list and I saw eXtreme StuntinG on it. I liked the name of the server and I decided to check it out. Before that tho, noob me, I went on google and searched for good names for SAMP. Actually, the site I found my original name is still up! http://gtasawow.blogspot.si/p/blog-page.html
    So, after checking out all the stupid names, I decided to use the name _BigMonster_
    I joined eS and registered immediatly. I remember only that I spawned at Sherman Dam. First person I met, was Dzenis. Much would I know, I'd stay in the server for almost 4 years now, playing!

At the beginning, I was a noob. My english was no way near as good as it is now. I've got a few screenshots which I will look up, hope to find them! After playing for a day or so, I decided to make another account. Typical of me, I couldn't be arsed to read any rules and it got me banned. Luckily, the admin who banned me, Yung or Fienraf (Fienfag <3) If Im not mistaken, was so nice to unban me and explain to me a few stuff. And so, days went on, and I started liking the server and the people on it more and more. So, I decided to stay, and play actively.

I've met so many nice, lovely people here on this server, like @Truxy , been friends with him since 2014, introduced him to the server pretty much xa xa! Then, @Stefi which ain't around anymore I guess, like a lot of other 2014-ish dudes I met. @Nicky, @Skeenky , @Baracuda (which I am still in contact with, I send him a few messages every few months to creep him since he ain't got my number xD) and so on.. Not gonna list all people because It would take seriously a lot of time.

Just wanted to say, thank you to everyone here, thank you for all the great memories, and so much great time spent on this server having fun. I could keep on going like this for a while xD. eS is by far the most fun and the best server I've played on. Mostly because of the community, the 'family'. I believe I've got some screenshots back from 2015-16-ish on my old PC. Maybe even from 2014. The most old ones are sadly on the laptop I used for playing back then, which is dead. I never regret a single day of not going out, but just sitting in my house no lifing eS. Truly, a server which keeps a special place in my heart <3 :) Hands down, best community on the entire SAMP.

Another thing I wanted to say, is Im sorry. I apologize to anyone that I've ever insulted, acted badly towards him, or left a bad impression. Im usually not like that, but I tend to be toxic as hell sometimes xD. That toxicity got me banned three times and made me lose my VIP two times xd.

A major shoutout to the admin team, whats left of it. Especially @denNorske . You my man, have been trying so hard, and working, trying to satisfy us with the updates, and I wanted to thank you for that. Great person honestly, love ya <3

Peace, catch me in game for these last few months till closure. Much love from Joker aka _BigMonster_ aka Biggy aka JokeR aka Escobar aka Joker. xd

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Undertaker

Undertaker Member

He will Closed Forever?

• Like Like x 1
  9. denNorske

denNorske Level 10 Admin Staff Member Owner Developer Commissioner

• Like Like x 1
  10. Azy

Azy VIP VIP SAFPD Member

It's really sad that eXtreme StuntinG is going down :/ I've been always playing this server I found many servers but they weren't like this eS <3 this is the best server I've ever found and started playing.

In 2017, I joined playing eXtreme StuntinG I was a noob lol like I wasn't experienced about anything I asked denNorske that where I can apply for VIP he told me that you can apply in our forums, he even told me not to apply you don't meet the requirements I just went there and applied, lied too xd. I kept playing and playing for the VIP or a Cop then my grandfather died and I had an electric shock that was really sad. I couldn't even move when I had an electric shock.

It was really sad that my grandfather died and after some months I had an electric shock (It all happened because of my laptop's charging I even told my brother to unplug the charger but he didn't and I was really in hurry so I did it myself and got stucked there with the shock sad life) that made me completely bad I mean I couldn't even move just at the bed like Veera lazy shit xd it was very bad moment. After getting some medicines and injections (I've always been scared from injections xd) I was crying when that doctor used scissors to cut that thing happened in my hands. This was the reason of my inactivity xd. After like 1-2 months I was feeling good and everything was fine. Aaand I even missed the exams because of this ._.

I joined back in August 20, 2017 and played again then I applied for Cop and got accepted. I really had no friends there except Tr!ckY^, then I found Bill <3 we started playing together and he helped me so much in chasing or in anything then I found Sucre (minion) lol he's also my great friend helped me in chasing and in everything.

And after playing and increased my score so I finally thought that I should apply for VIP (Oct 26, 2017) and got accepted I was really excited that I just got accepted the day I applied when I went to sleep I had a dream that I got denied xd. Being a VIP was really awesome for me and then I kept playing in this awesome server and found more friends like Swatie, HeadHunter, LucasTexasTV, Ben10, Dastan, and much more I kept playing never ever got bored of this server. This server's really awesome and all the players, admins, managers, owners everyone. I've never found a server like this.

I'm sorry if I did any mistake anything that you guys hated, I'm really sorry!
    NOTE: Please never ever quit discord!

I hope that everyone will come in the last day so I can meet everyone

I love eXtreme StuntinG yay! :emoji_heart: :emoji_heart: :emoji_heart: xd

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 8
  11. Scofield

Scofield Member Gold VIP

Omg!
    Best server I have ever seen and played is going down? :(
    Oh no...
    When I inatalled samp(with my friend),tried some servers and then we found out es is the best
    We were none-experienced with samp and es was too amazing and awesome
    Its really sad to see es's going to be down permanently
    I had awesome times,Learnt many things,found best friends
    I hope that the opposite will happen :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Panther

Panther Active Member

I can not believe this is the first time I play this game is the best server in my opinion, although I was never banned from playing this game, and denNorske help me and give me a very sad chance of this I am if this will still be the best server

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Truxy

Truxy Silver VIP Silver VIP

What to say... It wasn't unexpected but it still was a big punch in guts, but I can't blame anyone for what's going on.
    I was planning to do the same other people did although I hate talking about myself. Tell their stories when they first joined the server, I'll still do that regardless.
    Let's begin by going back in time. Let's go back to 10th August, 2014. I was browsing trough the hosted tab on SA-MP 0.3e and ended up finding a server called eXtreme StuntinG which brought my attention because of the player count and I decided to join. Few seconds later, a "RoyalTrux" joined, around 4 PM UTC+1 (Server time). Most of you will know that that is my old nick which I used a while ago. I'm not going to go in detail with it as this is a post about my time here on eS, not the nickname. Started off doing something that I'm not proud of but it's okay since it slipped past unnoticed. I remember spawning at /d5. I immediately got into an RC Baron (Because spastic me somehow managed to spawn it), flew the Baron to the Hydra event location (Which still hasn't changed!) and shot at people because why not. They weren't dying and dumb me thought most of them were hacking so I started calling out most of the people there hackers in the main chat, but they actually just had godmode on. I remember two players in particular who were saying how I'm disturbing the event which were @Nicky and Stefi, both were VIP's at the time. I saw their tags so I decided to get out of there after realizing what I was doing is wrong. I was flying around with the same Baron as I had no idea how to get out. I then realized both Nicky and Stefi were speaking the same language as me, so naturally I decided to say hi. They greeted me back and treated me like I was a regular player, I was really amazed with their kindness and it made me stay. I was given a personal vehicle (you could only own 1 at the time), a house in San Fierro, I still remember the location of it. It was just west of the San Fierro Police Department. I loved the location, I had a riced out Sultan that I loved for some reason and I wanted to continue playing with these guys and I did. Long story short, they gave me a small boost of trust as I was now friends with 2 VIP's. They started introducing me to other people, two of them being _BigMonster_ aka Joker and @Fantom, who was a really good friend of mine. I haven't talked to him in ages though. I then met Jxnc who was also a great friend of mine. I then started meeting players from other countries. I think the first player I met who wasn't speaking the same language as me was @Lenno. He was from Germany. I was pretty close to him, we were good friends. He left the sever a few months after. I also met Swat, back when he was a regular player. I slowly started meeting the VIPs and the Cops as I had plans of applying for both. Got an insight of the Cop role and I loved it. I then made a Cop application and I got accepted. Somehow. I do realize how retarded I was at the time, yes. I was a bad Cop, not gonna lie. I'd be triggered whenever someone who's not me would get a ticket/arrest. Had my first rank upgrade request denied, second one got accepted. I made my way all up to Sergeant before leaving the team. I then got banned by Samariah for insulting Swat as a joke, made an appeal and it was partly successful. Yes, I realize it's cringey. Yes, I realize it looks pathetic. Yes, I was 12. I was banned for 1 day, for apparently flooding and spamming which I really did not recall doing and still don't. I still think of this as an invalid ban but oh well. I'm actually fucking thankful to Sam, she made me go outside that day when I was addicted to the server. I considered that a bad thing back then, but here I am, looking back at it and realizing how useful that was (Note that I was 12 at the time, please dont bully me, I'll pay). I got unbanned, did my job as a Cop and eventually applied for VIP, which got accepted as well?? I really do not know what the admins were thinking, but fuck you Sucre (I'm joking please don't ban me again). On a real note, I understood Sucre's vote - we didn't really like each other back then and it might appear like we still don't but I can reassure you that Sucre's someone I like! You might be using minions but my judging is mostly a joke, there's no way in hell I'd attack anyone over their hobbies. Love you man, no homo. <3
    Back to the story though, I got accepted as a VIP for some reason even though I was still immature as fuck and stubborn. I don't recall what I did as a VIP back then but I'm pretty sure I abused. (Probably, I really don't remember xd)

But yeah, then I slowly developed my English and stuff and became who I am today. Probably not a good change when it comes to my behaviour and I understand that, but I'll play a cheeky "Oh it's just puberty" card here. :^)

Enough about me now, I'll try to stay on topic now. eS was a great server, it really was. Still is! The community is one of the most friendliest communities I've seen in a while. I've been a part of 3 SA-MP communities over the 3 years of me playing, eS was WAY better when it comes to friendliness. Everyone was accepted, it's just crazy to imagine. Admins are easy to talk to, Owners are great as well. I'm really glad I was able to take place on this journey, I really am. I've met some amazing people over the years. I might have not made the best impression on any of you, but do know that if I appear to be mad, I'm mostly joking but I might have some rare events where I just snap, but still - do know it's temporary and that I'm really trying to fix this. I still can't believe how eS changed me as a person, I've gone from immature from well... Mature when I have to be. I might still appear to be a kiddo at some times but we all have that retarded side of ours! Now uhh, obviously... A big thank you to denNorske. eS would have died in 2014 if it wasn't for him. Really, you made everything possible. I wouldn't have met these amazing people if it wasn't for you investing your own hard earned money for something that's not even necessary. You don't even earn money out of it, you're just the definition of a great guy. I'm not asslicking by the way, please don't bully me again. Not many servers make me stay and become a part of the community, especially for 3 years. Although I know den gets most of the love for the server being fun (Which is true, don't get me wrong) but we need to give attention to other people as well. The whole administration team. They're keeping the server and the forums clean. They do their best to enforce all the rules to make this a better place. If it wasn't for them, the server would be full of hackers runing the experience, people flaming 24/7 and it would just be horrible. So thank you too <3. Finally, the active players in this community. They play one of the biggest roles. Yes, regular players. Just because you're not a VIP or a Cop or w/e doesn't mean you're not doing anything good for the server. You are, actually. Just by being online, you increase the player count. If it wasn't for regular players in the community, I'd never join the server in the first place. I mean, without the players, it wouldn't be possible to own a successful server. This is a perfect example of that, unfortunately. It's normal for a server to have a low player count at night and stuff, but in the morning, people who are a part of the community will join. That creates a chain reaction and that's exactly why you guys made everything possible during eS' best stage. So thank you guys as well. Really mean it <3.
    So thank you to everyone for providing me with this much fun. I'll really miss all the good times that happened in-game in the past but oh well... Things come and go and there's not much we can do about it.

Anyways, scrolling up made me realize how much I've written and no one's gonna bother reading this anyways.

TL;DR
    I fucking love you all and thank you for making everything possible. I'd hug you all right now, seriously. This is one amazing community and you're the ones that made this possible. Thank you once again. <3
    sorry for this much text, i think this is my new record xd

• Friendly Friendly x 7
  14. Ben10

okay this the time to say goodbye, this was a good time to play here i made a good Friends and have a lot of good time, sad to see ES will be closed, i love this server so much.

maybe we can doo something to help keep es up and running,but i have no idea how to do it so sad :( ?

MY story: My first time on the server was back in 2014 and i did not know much English, I did a lot of trouble I got a ban xD,Then I saw the group of ES on Facebook and i joind it , and I completely forgot this server,But then in 2017 i surf on facebook and i see this server up and running so i go in (i lived in another town back than with the interest of the ban) and start over I meet new friends like BILL and SUCRE and I really enjoyed this server full of friends and good people at the time beginning yet my english was shit xD Lol, from there to there I get in the group of cops and its lot of fun there and then I make little trouble doing there lol but Learn from the mistakes and manage to climb up the ranks up to rank 3 (sergeant),Then I make my way up to get a VIP and successful even though my English shit is lol, i love the events we have was a lot of fun, and i want to tell all of you thanks this was good time and i will miss to this server :( ES for life, Thanks for the good fun time. :( i will miss es .I love all of you(big kiss xD)

Sorry if my english is a little hard to understand<3.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  15. LucastexasTV

LucastexasTV Joined June 1st, 2012. Staff Member Lead Admin Gold VIP SAFPD Member

Lovely kind words about the server and thanks for sharing your story! I also love the video you compiled with several moments from your time here in eS, but do you think you could slow the time between each change on the pictures? Some people, including myself, might want to check everything carefully and be able to "digest" what they see, properly. Nonetheless, really cool video!

16. Ben10

No because I deleted the pictures :p

was like 800 of them :p

17. Ankris

Ankris Member SAFPD Member

R.I.P,no more samp for me then.ES was the only server i played,sad that it closes down...Hope you change your mind

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Rhythm

Rhythm Level 7 Admin Staff Member Lead Admin

Good bye, ES. I'll miss you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Bill

Bill Level 5 Admin Staff Member Administrator Gold VIP SAFPD Member

Goodbye eS family :( . You are the best server. :emoji_hearts::emoji_hearts:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Undertaker

Undertaker Member

GoodBye eS we will miss you

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. Jay

Jay Level 10 Admin Staff Member Owner

Well where can I start?

Like den said, eS was a project that was never meant to be taken seriously. We made the server back when me and ColaZero were still young and purely for the purpose to mess around, make new friends etc. Generally just to have a good time but that soon changed and the server started to get bigger and bigger as the days went on and so we stepped or should I rather say 'some of us' stepped up. I cannot really include myself unfortunately as I never saw myself as the 'responsible type' so I backed out of it not long after this happened and stood on the outside a bit. ColaZero wasn't very active himself either. He did updates when and where he could but it was mainly just bug fixes, that's all the time he could really spare. I tried to do my part when I could but I guess you could say consistency isn't my strongest point. I only wanted the fun part, none of this responsibility crap but I was still young and most people do not like responsibility haha! Besides that, ColaZero never actually trusted me with the main files, he kept them to himself so I couldn't have had much influence anyway. So anyway. I left the managing responsibility roles to the people who I know I could trust the most, at that time it was Leet, later on Skeenky and Samariah.

Now these 3 people. Put it this way - without them the chances of some of you being here today (in particular you new peeps) is quite unlikely. They delt with all kinds of problems, including reports, ban appeals. DDoSS attacks, all sorts - they got it sorted. Not to mention during which time ColaZero was starting to fade away due to more and more of his time being taken up by IRL occupations. You are truely amazing, thank you.

In the end denNorske who I must say probably had the second toughest time period in the eS book of history (we are very proud of you Simen <3). He was the one who took on the role of developer after ColaZero left. He had allot of work to do but that did not stop him - He coped well, kept it together and over came allot, bringing the server to a totally new level - delivering the 4th version of eS. Things started to look up again for the first time in a long time, things were going swell. After a while v4 started to get boring and so den decided it was time for a change but not just a small one - yes, I am talking about v5! He turned to me and he said Jay I need your help on this on. I wasn't sure what I could really do but I couldn't say no. I did what I could but I refuse to take all the majority of credit - that goes to den, what he produced is simply amazing. He even put his exams aside to make this happen (if that's not dedication then what is?), grinded for hours and hours, stayed up all night. Then the day came, that v5 was released and everyone seemed to loved it. There were quite a few bugs but they were taken care of pretty quickly.

Now here's where it started to go down hill,

We were confident that this new eS would make it in the new SA-MP generation so we brought it to the latest version only to find out that we were wrong. We were still outdated. Compared to other servers there was so much we were missing and poor den just couldn't keep up with the amount of work that needed to go into the server to get it up to date with this new generation. He tried his very best but it just wasn't enough - people got bored and probably found better servers with more to offer than we had, or perhaps a new game or maybe just lost interest in games altogether. Whatever the reason - we had to accept that things just weren't working out how we had hoped and so made the last resort call to close down eS.

Sure yeah we could have moved back down a version but we just saw no point. Times changed, we were all starting to outgrow games in general and finding our time was just simply not there anymore. I think I covered most of eS's pinacles of history. I am sure I forgot something but it has been an incredibly long time, I am struggling to remember but anyway I'd like to finish off this post by sayinga whopping big THANK YOU to everyone who stayed with us until the end, we wouldn't have came this far without you and your ongoing love and support!

• Friendly Friendly x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Mugdim_Arnaut

Mugdim_Arnaut New Member

I am playing on this server for about 3 or 4 months and i really loved it. I played almost every day on him and it was really really good server and when i read this information i was very sad because i knew that this server was amazing. Good luck in life to all admins and owners.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  23. Sultan RS

Sultan RS New Member

Sincerely i can't believe i am reading this... i didn't think i would see one of these topics opened again... I am so sorry eS couldn't stay for longer.

I had great times there, even if i didn't play there for too many time, i made some great friends, and learned too much from excellent people. Thanks a lot for everything, from the first time i joined you recieved me so well... that's something that i will never forget.

Well... Anyway it's time to find other things in the life... sadly SAMP as many others stated here is dying slowly, since people get better PCs they will know new games and experiences, that's one of the main reasons of why it is DYING, and also because the game is getting too old, but after all we will remember it as GOLD.

Sincerely,
    Sultan RS.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  24. Bluebird

Bluebird Member Gold VIP

To be honest, I knew something was going to happen, I am speechless at the same time because I have a lot to say over the past 3 years (I think I forgot when I first started)
    The only thing I want to keep from this community is my friends, I hope I can stay in contact with most of you on facebook and whatsapp :)

Ill write more when I have time, I gotta go due to my dads birthday

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. BoomBrush

BoomBrush Developer Developer

This is awkward. I myself have certainly noticed a decrease of players in the last few months/years since joining in 2015 but at least the time I had on the server I did have was very enjoyable. I've had probably only a few hours of actual playtime (at least before I accidentally wiped the player DB) . I guess this is it for me in regards to SAMP since it's the only server I played on.

Farewell ES & UGP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1