1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website update

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BoomBrush, Nov 7, 2017.

1. BoomBrush

BoomBrush Developer Developer

Hi guys, I guess I don't post much in this forum but I help @denNorske with the website and the MySQL implementation of things on the website. The current landing page for extreme-stunting.net was put together by Den and I and its clear that there are some obvious problems: slow loading, header bar, layout, dead colours (?), too massive/zoomed in and we were looking to implement a UCP at some point. Redoing the site would allow for this.

I'd like some feedback from you guys, what changes would you like to see in the design? What are some suggestions? Should we go for a minimalist look or should we do a more traditional website or a more modern website? What should the buttons be? Where should the buttons be? Those kinds of design questions I'd like to get feedback on from the community of ES directly.

I'd like to tie it into the forum somehow, perhaps have a similar layout and header as it. I'm not sure.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jon

Jon Level 10 Admin Staff Member Owner Commissioner VIP

I think it should be implemented into the forum, a bit like on the old forums. So the theme would be the same as here but it would show things like Unban appeal things, wiki things, quick links to forum posts and a game-state window.

3. denNorske

denNorske Level 10 Admin Staff Member Owner Developer Commissioner

That wasn't a homepage after all, what we're thinking about is the main homepage:

[​IMG]

The "home" you're thinking about was a forum portal :)

I would also like it to be built in with the forums in terms of theme specification. Would preserve the main layout everywhere and not make any confusion.

4. Vikshay

Vikshay Developer Developer

No offence @Jon and @denNorske , but I think that the forum portal was the ugliest thing that eS ever had.
    In my mind, the way the design of the homepage should be is simplistic and useful.
    But as you said, I would love to see the homepage use the same colors as the website to make it appear as if it's the same theme.
    Gonna show a pic of what I have in mind soon.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  5. Vikshay

Vikshay Developer Developer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have come up with this design since it is the same header and footer which would make it look like its part of the forum theme and it's not hard to design in code.

*** Do note that the design will not have the shoutbox in it, since it will not look simplistic if added.
    Rate it, let me know and @BoomBrush tell me what you think.

• Like Like x 1
  6. denNorske

denNorske Level 10 Admin Staff Member Owner Developer Commissioner

This is kinda exactly what i was thinking of, gosh.
    Good job, it would be nice to continue with this template and build on it what we would need for a landing page.
    Let me know if you would like to have a developer position on PM, we could use your skills among the devs.

• Like Like x 1